Venue: to meet at 10am on site: as indicated on the location plan
Contact: Corporate and Community Services 01271 388253
Note: Members of the Public are only allowed on the site with the permission of the owner. As this is a formal meeting, we ask that Members of the Public do not approach the Committee Members or Officers for the duration of the site visit. Please note that a full presentation and consideration of the planning issues will be made when the matter is determined at a future Planning Committee. If you have any questions please contact Corporate and Community Services on 01271 388253 or email email@example.com
Apologies for absence
Apologies were received by Councillors Fowler, Jenkins, Prowse and Yabsley.
Declaration of Interests
(Please complete the form provided at the meeting or telephone the Corporate and Community Services Team to prepare a form for your signature before the meeting. Items must be re-declared when the item is called, and Councillors must leave the room if necessary)
There were no declarations of interest received.
70954: Larkbear Tawstock Barnstaple Devon PDF 1 MB
Erection of 252 dwellings together with associated works (additional information). Site location plan and report by the Senior Planning Officer (attached).
Also present: D. Heathcote (Persimmon Homes Managing Director), D. Buckle (Persimmon Homes Technical Director), J. Stevenson (Persimmon Homes Land Buyer), J. Kendrick (Elan Homes Managing Director).
The Committee received the following statement from the Corporate and Community Admin Assistant:
“Any observations which are made during the course of this site visit by Members of the Planning Committee are limited to those issues identified by the Planning Committee of North Devon District Council.
Such observations are made after viewing the site and on the basis of the limited information available on site.
Any such observations are, nor should they be taken as an indication that the application is acceptable or unacceptable. A full presentation and consideration of all the planning issues will be made when the matter was determined by the Planning Committee.”
The Senior Planning Officer advised the Committee:
· The site would be accessed from Old Torrington Road via the existing Phase 1 access road.
· They would be able to see Phase 1 as constructed to date which had full planning permission for 236 dwellings.
· Met at the site compound and then headed onto Riverton Road walking towards Phase 2 of the development.
Once on site, the Senior Planning Officer identified:
· The north, east, southern and western boundaries and existing hedgerows and trees that demarcate the field boundaries of the site
· The landscape buffer to protect Lake Conservation Area to the east of the site
· The northern link from phase 2 (from Elan Homes part of development) which would provide a future connection over land to the A361
· The vehicular link which would connect the proposed development from phase 1 which is on the western boundary of the site
In answer to questions from the Committee the Senior Planning Officer advised:
· The development would not bring forward all of the allocation within BAR02.
· The original outline application was disposed of.
· Planning approval for the first phase (under 61119) was a full planning permission for 236 so combined with this application the housing numbers would amount to 488 dwellings.
· The land required to provide a junction onto the A361 and the provision of a foot and cycle bridge over the A361 was not within the control of the applicant.
· Devon County Council Highways (DCCHW) had recently sent through a revised consultation response removing reference to the original Grampian condition and re-assessed contributions. They had not objected to the vehicular movements from this site using the Old Torrington Road. They had also commented that whilst the cycle link through the site was preferable as an off-road requirement they noted the approved application did not have such provision.
In answer to questions from the Committee the applicant team advised:
· The pylon and electricity lines would be moved underground during development of the site.