The Harbour Master provided the Board members with the following updates on the Ilfracombe Harbour Business and Marine Safety Plan 2020/23 – incorporating Annual Report 2019 (circulated previously):
· There was a need for the Safety plan which was three yearly updated to be separated from the annual report
· The separation would make the monitoring of objectives easier as three years was a better timeline for checking progress
· It was requested that Board Members attend a workshop to be arranged over the winter months to work on the separation of the documents
· There were four documents that needed to be stand alone:
(a) Long term Strategy Plan
(b) Master Plan
(c) Business Plan
(d) Annual report
· Increased activities in the Harbour meant that the Harbour Master was more likely be needed to deal with water-borne incidents. To minimise reliance on Commercial users and the RNLI the Harbour Master suggested the purchase of a small vessel which could be launched from the fuel berth. The cost of a second hand, four metre vessel could be less than £3,500.
In response to a question on the Harbour Master’s area covered, the Harbour Master advised just beyond the RNLI buoy was within her jurisdiction.