Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered a report by the Service Lead – Environmental Protection (circulated previously) regarding Batsworthy Cross Windfarm.
The Service Lead Environmental Protection highlighted the following:
· Noise compliance monitoring at six locations close to Batsworthy Cross Windfarm had confirmed compliance with the noise related planning conditions at five of these six locations. Exceedance of the noise limits in the sixth location has previously been confirmed.
· On 16th September 2020, the Council had re-issued a request to the Operator asking them to provide details of a proposed further mitigation strategy for properties in the vicinity of Birchwood House within 30 days.
· A response from the Operator was received on 8 October 2020 confirming details of an associated mitigation strategy.
· Additional information was subsequently requested from the Operator, to enable a further assessment of this strategy with further clarifications and data being received during January 2021.
· Officers’ were currently in the process of reviewing the complete response. This was proving to be challenging on a technical level and were still in the process of undertaking complicated analysis of the data with the consultant and that a further update would be provided at the meeting of the Committee in April 2021.
The Chair invited Jane Faust to address the Committee.
Jane Faust addressed the Committee.
In response to the points raised by Jane Faust, the Service Lead Environmental Protection advised the following:
· The operator had submitted information in relation to the alleged reduction of the noise limits of 1.5dB to bring the site to what they believe would become compliant. This was the data that officers were currently analysing.
In response to questions from Members, the Service Lead Environmental Protection advised the following:
· The calculations of the noise limits were based on previous monitoring data. There was a need for measured data which had now been submitted and was being analysed. Once officers’ had a preliminary view on the data submitted then this information would be shared with Members.
· It was anticipated that a more informed update would be provided at the next meeting of the Committee on 12 April 2021.
The Committee noted the report and that a report would be presented to the Committee on 12 April 2021.
Publication date: 19/03/2021
Date of decision: 01/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 01/03/2021 - Strategy and Resources Committee