Decision Maker: Licensing and Community Safety Sub Committee A
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Licensing Officer addressed the Committee and advised of the following:
· The Authority had been advised by HM Courts and Tribunal Service, Manchester Crown Court, that the licence holder had been convicted of a crime and was sentence, on the 28th April 2023, to a total of five years’ imprisonment.
· The offences were relevant under to Licensing Act.
· The licence holder had been written to at HMP Doncaster where he was currently being held. No response had been received.
The Chair requested that the Corporate and Community Services Officer read the proposed decision, which was voted on, and agreed.
RESOLVED that the recommendation of the Committee is that of ‘Revocation of the personal licence with immediate effect. This is with consideration of the following:
1. Pursuant to Section 61 (2B) of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 it appears that the interests of public safety require the suspension to have immediate effect, and
2. The licence holder had committed a relevant offence under the Licensing Act 2003
Report author: Noel Bourke
Publication date: 12/09/2023
Date of decision: 25/08/2023
Decided at meeting: 25/08/2023 - Licensing and Community Safety Sub Committee A