Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered a report by the Sustainability and Climate Officer (circulated previously) regarding the Devon Carbon Plan.
The Sustainability and Climate Officer highlighted the following:
· The Devon Carbon Plan had been officially launched on 27 September 2022.
· The Devon Climate Emergency Partnership had led the collaboration and alignment of almost 30 organisations across the county.
· The Plan provided an evidence led plan which formed a roadmap which encourages each partner organisation, and organisations and communities beyond the partnership to help deliver it.
In response to questions, the Sustainability and Climate Officer advised the following:
· North Devon Council’s to reach net zero emissions by 2030 was a target for the Council as an organisation.
· The Devon Carbon Plan’s target to reach net zero emissions by 2050 was a target for the county as a whole which included all businesses and organisations which was in line with the Government’s commitments.
· These targets were reflected in the Council’s Climate Emergency Declaration and Carbon Reduction Plan.
(a) That the Devon Carbon Plan be endorsed;
(b) That the Council continue to work in collaboration with the Devon Climate Emergency Partnership in reducing carbon emissions across the County.
Publication date: 24/01/2023
Date of decision: 09/01/2023
Decided at meeting: 09/01/2023 - Strategy and Resources Committee