Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered a report by Grant Thornton regarding the External Audit Progress report and Sector Update (circulated previously).
The External Auditor (AD) confirmed:
· This was the final report for the 2021 audit.
· The Audit Certificate could not be issued until the guidance in relation to the WGA (Whole of Government Accounts) had been received.
· The Value for Money works had been completed in December 2021.
· The result of testing on the Housing Benefit subsidy had found one error (in the Authority’s favour) resulting in a £1,020 reduction in the amount the Authority would have to repay back to Government.
· The 2021/22 Audit was programmed to start in early July 2022 and was expected to be completed by September 2022.
The External Auditor (PB) confirmed:
· CIPFA was currently undertaking a consultation regarding the treatment of Property, Plant and Equipment valuations in the accounts. It was not yet known how, or if, this would affect account preparation.
· There was currently a lack of Auditors, or prospective candidates with the right skill-set, in the industry. The sector was facing delays in completing audits within the time limits.
RESOLVED that the External Audit Progress Report and Sector Update be noted.
Publication date: 03/05/2022
Date of decision: 08/03/2022
Decided at meeting: 08/03/2022 - Governance Committee