Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered the Internal Audit Parking Operations Report by the DAP (circulated previously).
The Internal Auditor (PM) advised that:
· The review had included a review of the Health and Safety measures in place to protect staff during the pandemic. The overall systems in place had been found to be effective.
· There had been a possible lack of continuity due to staffing changes within the team.
· The review had focussed on penalty notices and collection rates.
· Regular reports had now been requested from the contractor which would assist with the monitoring of the systems but it was felt that a suite of management reports would need to be developed.
The Head of Resources advised that:
· There was now a new online system for customers to use to buy and renew permits. Any members of the public who had difficulty with the system could call customer services, or the parking team, for assistance.
· A regular report would be provided in relation to the Fixed Penalty Notices: number issues, recovery rates, age of debts, etc.
Councillor Phillips noted that he had used the system and found it to take ten days to complete the process. He felt the system would need to be adapted to enable older users to access it easier, as he had not found it to be easy to use.
The Chair suggested that a user group could have been created to test the system prior to purchase.
RESOLVED that the Internal Audit Parking Operations Report be noted.
Publication date: 12/07/2021
Date of decision: 08/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 08/06/2021 - Governance Committee