Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered a report by the Chief Executive (circulated previously) regarding the Northern Devon Economic Recovery Plan.
The Senior Economic Development Officer outlined the following to the Committee:
· The Plan had been produced in partnership with Torridge District Council.
· The Council previously had an Economic Strategy which ended in 2020. The Council was planning on launching consultation on a new strategy in 2020, but this was put on hold due to the pandemic.
· Since the pandemic, businesses had changed and would continue to change. Therefore the recovery plan was for a 3 year period.
· Many other organisations had put in place a 3 year recovery plan, however it was considered important to have such a plan in place for northern Devon.
· The Plan set out a higher level vision and how businesses would be supported during this period. A detailed evolving action plan would be produced which would sit alongside the plan detailing support for businesses.
RESOLVED that the content of the northern Devon Economic Recovery Plan be approved.
Report author: Dominie Dunbrook
Publication date: 17/08/2021
Date of decision: 02/08/2021
Decided at meeting: 02/08/2021 - Strategy and Resources Committee