Decision Maker: Planning Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Councillor Tucker declared a disclosable pecuniary interest and left the meeting.
Councillor Prowse declared a personal interest as the applicant was a constituent and was known to him.
The Committee considered a report by the Senior Planning Officer (RB) (circulated previously).
Matt Steart (agent) and David Lincoln (objector) addressed the Committee.
The Senior Corporate and Community Services Officer read out a statement on behalf of Samantha Hammond (objector).
Councillor Walker (in her capacity as Ward Member) addressed the Committee.
In response to questions, the Senior Planning Officer advised the following:
· The Highways Authority had raised no objections to the application.
· Drainage issues had been acknowledged as part of condition 16 and all matters relating to drainage would be addressed as reserved matters.
· A construction management plan would be required as a condition and would detail all provisions relating to public amenity during the construction.
· The Highways Authority had not recommended the reduction in speed on the highway. This could only be included as a condition, if the Highways Authority had supported the reduction in speed.
· In relation to drainage, Devon County Council had requested further information. Condition 16 required the applicant to submit green run-off rates and contained mitigation measures.
· The provision of a land drain could fit on the site, however the site was constrained and it did not form part of the application.
· The value of the ransom strip was not a material planning consideration.
RESOLVED (6 for, 3 against, 0 abstained) that the application be APPROVED as recommended by the Senior Planning Officer.
Report author: Roger Bagley
Publication date: 18/08/2022
Date of decision: 10/08/2022
Decided at meeting: 10/08/2022 - Planning Committee