Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee, Policy Development Committee, Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered a report by Chief Financial Officer (circulated previously) regarding the 10 Year Capital Strategy 2020 to 2030.
The Head of Resources highlighted the following:
· Prior to 2019, the Council only reviewed capital expenditure and financing over a short period of 2-3 years. The revised Prudential and Treasury Management code required all local authorities to prepare a Capital Strategy.
· The capital strategy document covered the ten year period from 2020 to 2030 and would be reviewed annually by Full Council prior to each financial year.
· The Council’s Capital Project Governance and appraisal process as detailed in paragraph 4.3 of the report.
· The Capital Strategy for years 2020/21 to 2023/24 (Medium Term) as detailed in paragraph 4.4 of the report.
· The Capital Strategy for years 2024/25 to 2029/30 (Long Term) as detailed in paragraph 4.5 of the report.
· The Watersports Centre potential funding bid had not been included in the Strategy and would be presented to a future Committee.
RECOMMENDED that the Capital Strategy 2020/21 to 2029/30 be approved.
Report author: Jon Triggs
Publication date: 13/02/2020
Date of decision: 03/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 03/02/2020 - Strategy and Resources Committee