Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered a report by the Head of Resources (circulated previously) regarding the Lynton Agency Performance Review.
The Head of Resources highlighted the following:
· In February 2015 North Devon Council approved the service improvement framework to objectively review services to improve the customer experience and/or value for money. A review of the Lynton and Lynmouth agency agreement was added to the review programme.
· Following a successful agency arrangement being in place for the above 3-year period, a further report to the meeting of Strategy and Resources on 4 November 2019 it was approved that the agency agreement with Lynton and Lynmouth Town Council with effective 1 April 2020 be continued for a period of 3 years with a formal review on that date. It had been agreed that an annual report be presented to the Committee.
· The report updated members on progress against the 14 review recommendations put forward by the review team and to receive the financial outturn for the agency for the 2019/20.
· The summary annual report on the 2019/20 agency performance and financial outturn from Lynton and Lynmouth Town Clerk was detailed in Appendix A
· The only remaining review recommendation to be completed was in relation to exploring a joint way forwards to reducing public convenience costs and this action was reliant on North Devon Council carrying out a wider review of all public conveniences across the District.
· Following the agency review, the revised forecast figures presented by Lynton and Lynmouth Town Council were projecting a net budget surplus (excluding parking fines) of £48,912; which was in line with the in-house North Devon Council costing put forward as part of the review process. The actual financial performance for 2019/20 year had resulted in a net surplus of £65,843 (2018/19 was £60,177) which would be returned to North Devon Council.
Councillor Patrinos declared a personal interest as a Member of Lynton and Lynmouth Town Council.
that the annual report and that the actions being taken to ensure that performance against the 14 review recommendations was at the desired level be noted;
that this be the final report presented to the Committee and it only be brought to the Committee by exception in the future.
Publication date: 17/11/2020
Date of decision: 02/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 02/11/2020 - Strategy and Resources Committee