Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered a report by the Service Lead Environmental Protection (circulated previously) regarding Batsworthy Cross Windfarm.
The Service Lead Environmental Protection highlighted the following:
· Noise compliance monitoring at six locations close to Batsworthy Cross Windfarm had confirmed compliance with the noise related planning conditions at five of these six locations.
· The Council re-issued a request to the Operator asking them to provide details of a proposed further mitigation strategy for properties in the vicinity of Birchwood House within 30 days. A response from the Operator was received on 8th October 2020 detailing a proposed strategy and approach to verify the outcome of this strategy.
· This response was currently being reviewed by Officers’ and the Council’s acoustic consultant and to consider the next steps.
· A meeting with the Community had been arranged on Tuesday 10 November 2020 and the information provided by the Operator would be circulated to the Community group prior to the meeting.
· An update would be provided to the Committee when the review of the Operator’s response was complete.
In response to a question, the Service Lead Environmental Protection advised that the process had taken longer than hoped or anticipated to give the Operator the opportunity to achieve compliance in the 6th location. It was hoped that the situation would be resolved as soon as possible.
The Committee noted the current position.
Publication date: 17/11/2020
Date of decision: 02/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 02/11/2020 - Strategy and Resources Committee